Monday, June 8, 2015

Soul Time

Friday June 5,2015
Loading day. We are up early,washing vans(Chris),gathering and loading. The work is over,but the fellowship continues. The McBrides insist that teams have some down time. A team that works hard all week is rewarded with a recreation day, a chance for ones soul to catch up with the body. We are all so scheduled, and regimented. It  is good advice for anyone.
We travel towards the airport (1,5-2hours) to drop off Kelly. Then we head out on a 90minute river cruise for wildlife sightings. We saw manatees(snouts only), iguanas of various colors and sizes hanging perilously,mid sized crocodiles and birds that Laura can identify. Bats ,now we see bats, 3inch bats. Our guide, Mr. McGandy , showed  us different trees .one was a provision tree that carries                                          medicinal remedies , spider lilies, and pendulum bird nests. We then traveled by van to Altun Ha ,a Mayan ruin site.  Tall, 54feet ,old (800-900 BC)interesting ,and really humid.we climbed and learned facts from our guide.we saw different trees here, the Allspice tree, Cupe , almond tree(leaves are good for fever?). It was an interesting day. It's good to learn some history and see some culture of the land we have come to love.  Our ride back into town shows the nitty gritty downtown, some British Honduras leftovers, some government buildings, and where Queen Elizabeth visited long ago. We overnight at the Radisson,dining poolside (ahhhh) enjoying a nice view, some air conditioning, and sweet smelling soap. We leave Sat. at 10am, home by 8pm. We can't wait to share our story!

Shine Through Me
Help me speak your fragrance where I go.
Flood my soul with your spirit and life.
Penetrate and possess my whole being so utterly
That my life may be only a radiance of yours.
Shine through me and be so in me that every soul
I come in contact with may feel your presence
In my soul.
Let them look up,
And see no longer me,
But only Jesus!
Stay with me and then I will begin to shine as you
Shine ,so to shine as to be a light to others.
The light, O Jesus,will be all from you.
None of it will be mine.
It will be you, shining on others through me.
Let me thus praise you in the way that you love
Best ,by shining on those around me.
Let me preach to you without preaching,not by
Words but by example,
By catching force,
The sympathetic influence of what I do,
The evident fullness of the love my heart bears
For you.
Amen
From In The Heart of the World by Mother Teresa






No comments:

Post a Comment